Subject: RE: Per-application max open file descriptors
To: Jonatan Wallmander <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/2001 10:55:35
In your rc.local, before you start the daemon, unlimit the open file
descriptor max setting.  This will give the mysqld program the same limit as
the compiled in 'hard limit' from the kernel.

If that's isn't enough, I think you can increase the number in the kernel by
recompiling, and unlimit to that in the startup script.

Dave