Subject: AW: problem after updating in 1.5
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Borchert, IT-IS S254, B <T.Borchert@deutschepost.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/2001 17:53:16
Hi,

after upgrading I had instead the driver for my ATI-board again the SVGA
driver installed.
Acceleration was not so good (slow ...). See what ls -l X shows if you
earlier not had the SVGA
as Xserver.

Torsten

On Mon, May 14 2001 at 13:38:52 +0200, Richard PLOIX wrote:
> first problem:
> ==============
> X is not starting cause of the mouse not configure, there is the
> output of the startx process:
[..]

> (**) Mouse: type: Busmouse, device: /dev/pms0, buttons:
[...]
> Fatal server
> error:
> Cannot open mouse (Device not configured)
I guess 1.5 GENERIC doesn't have the (old) opms driver anymore.

Change the mouse device to /dev/wsmouse0 and its type to wsmouse in your
XFree86-config file and it should work.

> second problem:
> ===============
> I have a problm with he pseudo terminals, fonts are not founded;
> there is the the dmsg file:
[...]
> vga_init_screen: no font
> wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (80x50, vt100
> emulation)
> vga_init_screen: no font
> wsdisplay0: screen 2 added (80x50,
> vt100 emulation)
> vga_init_screen: no font
> wsdisplay0: screen 3 added
> (80x50, vt100 emulation)
> vga_init_screen: no font
> wsdisplay0: screen 4
> added (80x50, vt100 emulation)
> wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0

The contents of your /etc/wscons.conf-Fily may be usefull.
For 80x50 you need to load a new font (8x8 instead of 8x16), e.g.

font    ibm     -       8       ibm     /usr/share/wscons/fonts/vt220l.808

And of course you must have this font installed. If you still have the old
pcvt fonts installed (/usr/share/pcvt) you can use those as well (they are
the same).

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.