Subject: Re: 2 VGA's
To: None <wojtek@3miasto.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/13/2001 11:09:59
wojtek@3miasto.net writes:
> i've tried to connect 2 VGA cards. only 1-st configures. WHY?
>

> here are lines from my config:
>
> vga0		at pci0 dev 8 function 0
> vga1		at pci0 dev 9 function 0
> wsdisplay0	at vga0 console ?
> wsdisplay1	at vga1 console ?

Most likely because the VGA driver assumes the IO address is the
standard VGA ports.

I'm just guessing here, but I would think a "pcivga" driver would be
needed that was capable of mapping a "VGA" card at non-VGA IO addresses.
The current code in /sys/dev/pci/vga_pci.c just calls the code in
/sys/dev/ic/vga.c which makes assumptions about the IO address space, etc.

What might be interesting is the output of "scanpci -v" showing
those two cards.

Probably a card specific driver would be needed to communicate with the
card in native PCI mode.

-Andrew