Subject: Re: Athlon boards
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/2001 12:16:17
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 07:22:37PM -0700, Tom Spindler wrote:
> My cow orker reports that in the case of the A7V, the newest BIOS image
> (a7v1007.awd) eliminates the corruption problems; doing repeated builds
> to local IDE filesystems hasn't shown any signs of corruption on a
> machine that was rife with problems prior to upgrading the BIOS.

The BIOS image is commented on Asus' website as:

	Solve conflict problem when using IDE in Promise channel and
	audio card in slot 4 / 5.

I know that a lot of reports about 686B problems do mention that
having an audio card makes things worse. It's hard to know what
they fixed exactly.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com