Subject: Re: amd lance driver
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/2001 11:07:46
> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 08:04:40AM +1000, dkwok wrote:
> >

> > > It's possible just the i/o address of the card is different
> > > from default nele0 and bicc0 entries, so that the card is
> > > not found on probe.
> > >
> > > Do you know the IRQ and I/O address the card uses? Are there
> > > any switches on the card to choose IRQ or io address?
> > >
> > There is no dip switch on the card. Does it mean that it is isapnp card?
>
> No. There are ISA cards that are not PNP but have no jumpers. They
> require special software (that usually runs under DOS) to configure
> the card.

Yes. Like those cheap ISA NE2000 cards, there is a dos diagnostic program to
tweat the io and irq.

I search through the HP support and AMD but does not get much there. I read
something saying" it is easy to get the setting from "EEPROM". But the card
does not seem to have a EEPROM.

Well if it does not work may be throw into the bin.

David Kwok