Subject: Re: Athlon boards
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2001 14:06:54
Btw, for people who are hesitant to buy an Athlon board with the
VIA K*133 chipset, I noticed that, for example, Asus now has
boards with a 266Mhz FSB featuring ALI, SiS and AMD 761 chipsets.

I haven't seen any testreports of those so far, but I have worked
on a machine with 266Mhz FSB and DDR RAM, and they're very nice
indeed.

Also, I recently added support for the IDE part of the AMD 761 chipset,
so that one's supported. I don't know if the IDE parts of the SiS
and ALI (Acer) chipsets will be recognized and thus used to the
fullest by the current code.

Oh yeah, there's also the new 266 chipset from VIA.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/