Subject: firewall software
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2001 17:31:31
Hello all,

I've been a touch peroccupied with security since one of my boxes was
using a hole in the 1.4.2 nameserver to relay spam. At home I have only
one machine, is the machine that is running the firewall software as
secure as those machines behind it? ie is a firewall package only helpful
if it resides on a seperate machine than the one you are trying to protect?

I've installed the "portsentry" package and can't find where the package
system installed the docs? any ideas?

Thanks
Ben

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from ourselves.