Subject: Re: gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2001 14:12:21
> # For a C compiler: There's a version of gcc that is bundled with the NetBSD
> # distribution.  I believe that you are allowed to include/exclude it when
> # you select the install sets.  If you elected not to include the
> # programming tools when you installed the system, then that was probably an
> # error.  (There are several ways to get around it, I suppose.  If you have
> # plenty of disk space, the simplest suggestion to describe is to re-install
> # NetBSD, and this time ask to have everything installed.)
>
> Alternately, you can retrieve the comp.tgz file from the NetBSD ftp
> site and...
>
> 	netbsd# (cd /; tar xvfpz -) < comp.tgz

(^&

Alright, that's simpler.  But reinstalling with all of the sets (if he has
the space) eliminates the worry that he omitted something else he may
later want.

> #   "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu
>
> You know more about that which you speak than you think you do,
> considering you got added as a developer.

Thanks, but unless this happened in the past couple of days, I think that
you have in mind Michael(?) Rauch.  I don't see a lot of Rauchs around,
but that was a seperate person, honest.  As much as I like NetBSD, I can't
honestly say that I've done anything that requires or merits developer
status.

Anyway, it's a good disclaimer, and a buffer against overconfidence.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu