Subject: Re: gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2001 10:45:28
On Mon, 7 May 2001, Richard Rauch wrote:

# Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 23:06:39 -0500 (CDT)
# From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
# To: todd marek <todd@somahq.com>, port-i386@netbsd.org
#
# For a C compiler: There's a version of gcc that is bundled with the NetBSD
# distribution.  I believe that you are allowed to include/exclude it when
# you select the install sets.  If you elected not to include the
# programming tools when you installed the system, then that was probably an
# error.  (There are several ways to get around it, I suppose.  If you have
# plenty of disk space, the simplest suggestion to describe is to re-install
# NetBSD, and this time ask to have everything installed.)

Alternately, you can retrieve the comp.tgz file from the NetBSD ftp
site and...

	netbsd# (cd /; tar xvfpz -) < comp.tgz

#   "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu

You know more about that which you speak than you think you do,
considering you got added as a developer.

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD:  For IQs higher than 120.