Subject: Promise Ultra/100TX2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Konrad Neuwirth <konrad@fimsch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2001 14:23:26
Following up to the discussion regarding the support of the Promise
Ultra/100 TX2 controller, I am trying to get the thing running but
currently failing.

  Having added the PCI ID of the card to pcidevs, I succeeded in
compiling a kernel that does in fact recognize the card, but then
proceeds to ignore both channels the controller has.

| pciide1 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Promise Ultra100/ATA Bus Master IDE Accelerat
or (rev. 0x01)
| pciide1: bus-master DMA support present
| pciide1: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
| pciide1: primary channel ignored (disabled)
| pciide1: secondary channel configured to compatibility mode
| pciide1: secondary channel ignored (disabled)

The drives I use should be able to provide almost any mode the
controller wants, they are brand new IBM UDMA100 drives.

Can anybody provide pointers into the right direction?  I'm hoping
that there's just some kernel config options that I have not thought
about setting -- currently, I changed nothing in the IDE drives
section, and just changed pciide to

| pciide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0001

Anything out there?

Thanks,
 Konrad