Subject: Re: gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: todd marek <todd@somahq.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/07/2001 07:24:57
Hello-
I wanted to start by saying thanks to everyone on the list for their help in
getting NetBsd and X running on my machine.
Unfortunately I'm kind of stumped on where to go from here.  I'm trying to
setup my machine as a web server to learn the basics and have an environment
to develop PHP/MySQL applications (and also as an introduction to UNIX).
I've tried downloading Apache and Mozilla as well as all their prerequisite
packages, but only half of the packages seem to work.  Frank van der Linden
confirmed that one of the packages on the NetBSD site was in fact corrupted.
I then tried downloading gcc from both the NetBSD ftp and the GCC ftp site
and both of those came up as corrupted as well.
Is there anyway to compile a compiler so I can learn to build these packages
from source?
Thanks-
Todd Marek