Subject: mount_mfs questions
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/07/2001 11:16:26
Hello,
   I'm running NetBSD-1.5 on a P4 with 1GB of memory.  I keep getting "file
system full" messages when /tmp overflows rebuilding the locate
database.  Since I typically only use 100 to 200 MB of physical memory
while running, I'm considering creating a 256MB MFS drive mounted as
/tmp.  My questions are:

1)  When is the best time to do this?  In /etc/fstab or in /etc/rc.local?

2)  How do I do this?  I've been trying various incantations but haven't
gotten mount_mfs to work yet.  The man page doesn't have an example...

3)  Is this a good idea or should I just symlink /tmp to
/really_big_and_empty/tmp?  It seems that using MFS would result in faster
process execution....

Thanks in advance

"Luke, you're going to find that many | Steven Grunza
of the truths we cling to depend      | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
greatly on our own point of view."    | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
  - Obi Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi | mailto:steven_grunza@ieee.org