Subject: Re: Problems with HDs and VIA Chipsets
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/2001 11:10:25
Hi,

On 30 Apr 2001, at 10:08, wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:

> > And the ServerWorks chipset isn't even much more expensive.
>
> now i couldn't find where to buy it in poland.
The Asus Cur-DSL(?) is based on that chipset as are Tyan, Intel,
Supermicro, Micron (it seems they don=B4t have mobos anymore) as
well as Systms from Dell and Compaq. These boards cost around
USD 900,-- here. I considered using one as they seem to be the
only x86 boards that support 64Bit PCI and 1024MB Dimms.

I did not know if they would work with NetBSD for shure.

> > If you want specifics, I'll just point out that the BX doesn't
> > support 133MHz SDRAM, any form of striping to improve burst
> > performance, or any
>
> i have ABIT motherboard which works STABLE at 133Mhz.

It is overclocked by the manufacturer.