Subject: Re: Installing onto a secondary drive
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/27/2001 17:44:00
In message <20010427211254.A288@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 10:39:14AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>> I see...
>>
>> No, it's not very intuitive.  It's also not documented, and something
>> like that should be.
>
>Once you've installed NetBSD and setup email, could you use send-pr to
>send a bug report, describing how you did the steps do install so that
>we can add it to the release notes ?

Oh, I'm up and running -- that wasn't my first NetBSD installation,
though it was the weirdest.  (I got my new laptop in the morning, ran
Partition Magic to shrink Mr. Bill's system, grabbed a handful of CDs,
and ran for the train.  Knowing what I was going to have to do, I'd
used a desktop NetBSD machine to prepare a bunch of things I needed to
install for the trip, most especially my email archive and environment
and my ssh keys.  If I'd known about this problem, I could have copied
the sets to the same CD.)

Anyway, I've filed a PR on it.