Subject: Re: Installing onto a secondary drive
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/27/2001 09:17:33
In message <20010427102550.A23736@antioche.lip6.fr>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 01:35:55AM -0400, Andrew Steven Ball wrote:
>>

>I think you can say install from 'unmounted partition' from
>sysinst.

This brings up a question I've had -- what, precisely, does one have to
say to make that work?

On my NetBSD machines, I have two file systems, / and /usr.  Is it
possible to have upgrade sets on /usr when doing an upgrade?  I
couldn't figure out how to make that work.  When I treated /usr as
unmounted, it always claimed there was no such path; when I treated it
as mounted, it complained that it couldn't mount /usr.

I ended up very carefully untarring the binary sets by hand...