Subject: Re: Running StarOffice v5.1 under NetBSD v1.5 as an ordinary user.
To: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/2001 09:40:34
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ib-Michael Martinsen wrote:

> If I then as an ordinary user execute the commands:
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/pkg/emul/linux/usr/local/Office51/bin
> soffice
>
> the script soffice is executed but nothing happens, not even a
> core-dump is produced.

Not sure, but you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for soffice, too.
As I said before, with 5.2, soffice is a script that sets
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then calls soffice.bin, same as for setup and
setup.bin.

> Can anyone tell me how to start StarOffice as an ordinary user?

Did you try running setup as that user?

> How do I install StarOffice in /usr/local/Office51
> instead of /usr/pkg/emul/linux/usr/local/Office51?

Just move it. As an emulated linux app, it thinks it's in
/usr/local/Office51, anyway, so it won't know the difference.

Frederick