Subject: Re: StarOffice working for NetBSD 1.5?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/2001 18:55:11
On 25.04.01, 12:33:54, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <200104251357.GAA01878@shell13.ba.best.com>, stripes@tigerlair.com w
> rites:
>
> >Abiword is also very nice as well. I prefer that for my .doc files.
>
> It doesn't like me, either...  When I tried to build it, it died with
>
> In file included from libole2/ms-ole.h:21,
>                  from wv.h:22,
>                  from rs.c:3:
> /usr/pkg/include/glib/glib.h:1297: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with var
> iable arguments
> /usr/pkg/include/glib/glib.h:1300: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with var
> iable arguments
> /usr/pkg/include/glib/glib.h:1303: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with var
> iable arguments
> rr.c:
> stdin:1: gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11

Does this happen at the same place consistently? (Even after flushing
some caches, allocating some memory through other programs,
terminating other programs, etc...?)

The "fatal signal 11" problem with gcc more often than not indicates
faulty hardware. See the FAQ at:

  http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

(Some parts of it are linux specific, but most is generally true.)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD, More Nines.
		-- Andrew Gillham