Subject: Re: StarOffice working for NetBSD 1.5?
To: None <stripes@tigerlair.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/25/2001 12:33:54
In message <200104251357.GAA01878@shell13.ba.best.com>, stripes@tigerlair.com w
rites:
>Rick Kelly enscribed:
>> wojtek@3miasto.net said:
>> >it's SlowOffice (TM) or SwapOffice (TM).
>
>I really hate it, but I have to access powerpoint asd excel docs.
>
>> >IMHO it's only adventage is that it works on linux/netbsd and is able to
>> >load .doc's. for normal work lyx is much better.
>>
>> I've found that Wordperfect 8 for Linux works just fine as a
>> .doc converter for NetBSD.
>
>Abiword is also very nice as well. I prefer that for my .doc files.

It doesn't like me, either...  When I tried to build it, it died with

In file included from libole2/ms-ole.h:21,
                 from wv.h:22,
                 from rs.c:3:
/usr/pkg/include/glib/glib.h:1297: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with var
iable arguments
/usr/pkg/include/glib/glib.h:1300: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with var
iable arguments
/usr/pkg/include/glib/glib.h:1303: warning: ANSI C does not allow macro with var
iable arguments
rr.c:
stdin:1: gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11

Time to install from the precompiled version, and to file another PR...