Subject: Re: StarOffice working for NetBSD 1.5?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2001 03:14:08
On 23.04.01, 16:25:47, stripes@tigerlair.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been looking around through the archives and web searches trying to find a port of StarOffice that will work.
>
> In the pkgsrc, I have a staroffice directory under misc. The only problem is that's 5.1a, and I can't find it anywhere.
>
> The other problem is I can't get StarOffice 5.2 to work (even after copying all the necessary libraries to /emul/linux/lib). Has anyone had any success with this or can someone tell me where I can find a copy of so-5_2-ga-bin-linux_en?

StarOffice 5.2 _works_ very well on NetBSD-1.5, it just won't install.

Find a Linux box and install it there, then tar up the complete
StarOffice directory (e. g. /usr/local/office52) and unpack it on the
NetBSD machine, and it should just work. Of course you still need to
have the proper Linux emulation libraries installed.

Be aware that for StarOffice 5.2 even 64 MB of RAM might not be enough
for smooth work. Better to have at least 128. I know this is insane
for an office package, but there it is.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - the power to swerve (penguins, worse than cane toads).
		-- Julian Assange