Subject: Re: recommended systems
To: None <wojtek@3miasto.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/20/2001 06:19:08
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:

[snip]

> inter-device spacing????

All SCSI specs specify not only a maximum cable length, but also a minimum
(and maximum for some specs, I believe) inter-device spacing i.e. devices
must be x meters apart.  scsifaq.org has some info on this as to the exact
what/why/how of the requirement.  It all comes down to the fact that SCSI
is a bus, not just an interconnect, so impedance matching, electrical
reflections, etc... are important to maintain timing and such.

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
   "I wonder how many people actually read my .sig?"