Subject: Re: Writing a raw image of a CDROM
To: None <wojtek@3miasto.net>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/2001 09:19:23
--==_Exmh_1083977353P

In message <Pine.NEB.4.21.0104171714420.2775-100000@wojtek.3miasto.net>yo=
u writ
e:
the =

> > If the original question meant, "What is the easiest way to write a
> > raw image file [from] a CDROM [to disk]?" then the answer is either
> =

> sorry.
> =

> dd if=3D/dev/rcd?a of=3Dfile bs=3D2k
> =

> replace ? with your CD drive number. 0 is first

That would not work with "raw" data or music.  It did not work for me at =
all =

in the past (NetBSD ~1.3).
The best and so far the only way for my setup to do real copies is cdrdao=
=2E
cdd works fine as long as you only have plain CDROM format disks.

Cheers
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_1083977353P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBOt0/97A63tqjeAhZAQGLEgP/ahlDu6msNxtuynKDEfVbq4J0Nz9/FxY5
vLU8IdZWNjOKQOH/5CnL32PipXvdnZlyhjh4QHgYyamnefHrUMbMIAxtaBePyS7t
IMg5ITcS9KuusFH8tWUl9d9I13DbPjl7OsPeTyRm2qUTYsZe/xJDHHU7Up6ChPhG
qzTcRDz9PFc=
=k7P+
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1083977353P--