Subject: Re: playing audio CDs
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/15/2001 23:05:12
On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 10:01:33PM +0100, Chris Pinnock wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 07:38:37PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > inputs.cd.mute=off
>
> Is it possible that your CD player is plugged into an auxilary socket on
> the sound card? In which case, try setting inputs.aux.mute to off.

.. and with Gavan's suggestion.. There is an analog? 4 wire cable going
from the CD to the motherboard at a place very close to the SoundBlaster
chip - 2 wire digital is not connected - I think the 4 wires are enough?

Re inputs.aux.mute, it doesn't seem to exist, and from the previous post,
all mutes where off. Is that right about the cabling?

Cheers,

Patrick