Subject: Re: Hd problem?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Antonello Cioffi <antonen@gmx.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/2001 09:34:51
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, David Maxwell wrote:

> Our resident IDE expert is away for a week - in the meantime, could you
> post the ide controller and wd lines from 'dmesg'?

This is dmesg output:

pciide0 at pci0 dev 4 function 1: Intel 82371AB IDE controller
(PIIX4) (rev. 0x01)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 0
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <CD-ROM DRIVE/E5A B1.3, MT1198-B Firmware, B1.3>
type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <IBM-DJNA-370910>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, lba addressing
wd0: 8693 MB, 16383 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 17803440
sectors
wd0: 32-bit data port
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 4
pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data
transfers)
cd0(pciide0:0:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data
transfers)
pciide0: secondary channel wired to compatibility mode
pciide0: disabling secondary channel (no drives)

I tried to open CD-Rom's door and then close it, as suggested in
another message: the hd's lights turned off.
But I nedd to repeat that everytime I boot NetBSD.

> Did you send the output from Linux because the NetBSD system isn't
> booting - or just because you're more familliar with the tools? I wasn't
> sure whether this was just a cosmetic issue or not.

I didn't boot NetBSD because I'm afraid to lose my linux partition.

anto