Subject: kern/11627 and 1.5.1 beta
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2001 09:26:41
Would it be possible to remove "isa at pci*" and "eisa at pci*" lines from
the GENERIC and INSTALL config files for 1.5.1?  I know there was some
discussion about this a while ago, but I don't remember a conclusion to
it.  Will this break other machines?

The situation which hit me was that the machine (a Compaq Proliant 5000 in
my case) probed an isa bus both from mainbus0 and pci, then panic'd when
the bus was already attached.  Several people seemed to think we could
just remove "isa at pci*" type of lines and it should still work for
everybody.  Is this true?  Can we make this fix?

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
   "I wonder how many people actually read my .sig?"