Subject: netgear fa311 problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@elfin.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/06/2001 19:21:38
I've got a netgear fa311 card (probes as a sip w/ukphy) that I'm having
problems with in my 386 box.

The kernel probes and finds the device. I get link (100baseTX-FDX) with
the switch its connected too, but no network traffic. If I try to ping any
other machine on the network, I get no response.

I'm using the i386/20010324 snapshot with the GENERIC kernel.

When I had installed the computer, I tried doing it via a network install,
but sysinst would fail trying to ping the router or nameserver.

Any thoughts on what I can do to debug this and get it working?

I'll also try the 1.5.1_BETA snapshot, after I get it downloaded.

Elfin