Subject: Booted only half-way to X --- again, sorry!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <OinkFreeBiker@att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/06/2001 21:50:58
So sorry to post this again. I was trying to manage two
conversations while downloading my email and deleted you
kind replies. Please repost your answers. Sorry!!!

 Half way there, thanks! But here's what I've got now...

 Alrightie then! I put...

   /usr/X11R6/bin/kdm

 ...at the end of /rc.local. Then I rebooted.

 And, it went to X with a login gadget...which is cool.

 But I can't login as me. I can only login as root.

 When I login as me, the screen goes berserk for about
one
 second, and then settles down and the login gadget comes
 back again.

 Then, if I login as root, it goes to the KDE screen just
 fine. But then I am in root; which is not good. Right?

 As me, I am privleged to su and become root-like while
 staying me. But I can't do that till after I login.
 So...hm! What to do?

 Anybody care to clue in this newbie???

 Thanks in advance.

 Gan Starling