Subject: Booted only half-way to X.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <OinkFreeBiker@att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/06/2001 02:27:46
Half way there, thanks! But here's what I've got now...

Alrightie then! I put...

  /usr/X11R6/bin/kdm

...at the end of /rc.local. Then I rebooted.

And, it went to X with a login gadget...which is cool.

But I can't login as me. I can only login as root.

When I login as me, the screen goes berserk for about one
second, and then settles down and the login gadget comes
back again.

Then, if I login as root, it goes to the KDE screen just
fine. But then I am in root; which is not good. Right?

As me, I am privleged to su and become root-like while
staying me. But I can't do that till after I login.
So...hm! What to do?

Anybody care to clue in this newbie???

Thanks in advance.

Gan Starling