Subject: Re: Boot straight to X???
To: None <OinkFreeBiker@att.net>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/2001 10:56:06
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 OinkFreeBiker@att.net wrote:

> 2.Modify /etc/rc.conf:
>
>   xdm=YES       xdm_flags=""       # x11 display manager

[...]

>   This method can be used to start, for example, kdm or
> gdm instead of xdm.

[...]

> I created the hard link to ~/.xinitrc named as
> ~/.xsession, no prob. Then I substituted "xdm" from above
> with "kdm=YES" and "kdm_flags="" in /etc/rc.conf
> supposing that to be what was ment.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. There isn't a script in /etc/rc.d
that will look at kdm and kdm_flags. Your best bet is probably to look at
/etc/rc.d/xdm and either modify it in place or copy it to /etc/rc.d/kdm
and change that copy to use the kdm variables in rc.conf as well as to
start kdm.

At a guess, that means changing PROVIDE, name and required_files.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget