Subject: Re: USB IDE hard drive enclosures detected as ugen0 under 1.50/1.51A
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2001 09:24:20
| Aren't USB mass storage devices suppose to be supported under NetBSD
| 1.5 & 1.51A (Alpha Snapshot)?

Hi. A terminology correction.

1.5.1A is not the same as 1.5.1_ALPHA, which is especialy not the same
as 1.5A. This can be confusing.

1.5 is the release we all know and love ;-)

1.5A was netbsd-current immediately after netbsd-1-5 was branched
off of the mainline of the CVS tree. That letter keeps incrementing
and now -current is at 1.5T.

1.5_ALPHA was a prerelease of the netbsd-1-5 branch before things
were solidified.

1.5.1_ALPHA is a prerelease of the netbsd-1-5 branch before 1.5.1
is released.

There is no 1.5.1A (but there is a 1.5A).

In this case, it's pretty clear from context that you mean
1.5.1_ALPHA and not 1.5A, but I just wanted to clarify
our terminology.

--jhawk