Subject: Re: NetBSD TCP performance
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael Lyle <mlyle@recourse.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2001 13:50:30
Interesting.. the numbers i sent before were with the older kernel
(without the cksum fix).. AFTER the cksum fix, the cpu utilization
numbers are actually worse (but the bandwidth numbers not significantly
better).

  72.2% Sy   4.4% Us   0.0% Ni  20.0% In   3.4% Id

Another interesting thing:  the machines are -identical-, yet one constantly
puts out a little more traffic (500-600kbit/sec) and has a little more
(1-3%) free CPU.

Tuning the number of initial segments in the window and increasing send/
recvspace seems to help things a bit, but not much.

Mike

--
Michael P. Lyle
Chief Technical Officer

The contents of this message are confidential.
Copyright 2001 M. Lyle