Subject: Re: NetBSD TCP performance (was: Yet more fun)
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Michael Lyle <mlyle@recourse.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/2001 18:15:41
I just did the test on a new build of 1.5.1_ALPHA..  and unfortunately
performance is not measurably better.  I'm not using pipes anywhere..
Traffique2000 is remarkably simple, as is thttpd..  I can provide
the traffique source if anyone is interested in using it as a
performance tool.. it's about 229 lines of code.

Basically, what it does is it keeps track of the number of sessions
open..  if the number is less than a desired number, it opens the
connects (nonblocking) and puts them into a "ready-to-write" FD_SET;
when the fd's become ready to write to, an http get request is written
to them and then they're moved to a "ready-to-read" FD_SET; then,
they're drained until EOF and closed.

Mike

--
Michael P. Lyle
Chief Technical Officer

The contents of this message are confidential.
Copyright 2001 M. Lyle