Subject: Re: NetBSD TCP performance (was: Yet more fun)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael Lyle <mlyle@recourse.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/2001 15:58:05
We have a Cisco 2924XL inbetween the two NetBSD boxes.  It's what
we're using for performance measurement.  I'm not sure we'd be able
to capture the traffic at that kind of data rate with stock libpcap/
tcpdump on tiny hardware like this.. and the actual observation could
mess up the results further.  However-- if that is interesting I can
try and get you guys a trace.

I can also provide the traffic generator source if anyone's interested
at looking at it.

Mike

--
Michael P. Lyle
Chief Technical Officer

The contents of this message are confidential.
Copyright 2001 M. Lyle