Subject: Re: UDMA/66 gets pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2001 03:57:44
   On Mar 28,  0:52, Todd Whitesel wrote:
   > Subject: UDMA/66 gets pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
   >
   > Any ideas? Full dmesg below.

Have you tried a diagnostic tools from the drive
manufacture?  My Max60 showing this error had a hardware
failure.  It was not detected by quick check but was
detected by full check.

On the other hand, have you tried to check the result of
read while getting these errors for the case?  Because,
while I was getting errors, the data read from HDD was
broken although kernel said "corrected."

Currently, I'm very happy using UDMA 5 (100) with i815EP
mother board and Max60.

Regards,
-- Kazushi
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
		-- Jane Wagner