Subject: Re: UDMA 100 probelm
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/2001 22:12:00
I wanted to get current kernel at least with UDMA 4, so I
tried to understand changes on pciide.c and
pciide_pdc202xx_reg.h from March 8.

I found some differences like PDC262_U66_EN macro and the
support of Ultra 100.  Although I didn't understand what
those codes are actually doing, I just tried to use old
codes.

I tried to use pdc202xx_pci_intr instead of
pdc20265_pci_intr since I'm having trouble regarding to
interrupts and CRC errors.  The code for the 265 is checking
1 byte at "BASE + 2 + 8 * i" addresses where i is from 0 to
3 (I'm using 2 cards) although the code for the 262 is
checking only 4 bytes at "BASE + 0x1c" address.  However, it
doesn't help me.

I also removed one of my cards to see what happes.  The same
lost interrupt errors are occured.

So, finally, I changed PDC_IS_265() macro to return false
whenever.  It works.  So, my Ultra 100 cards work fine as
262 (Ultra 66 chipset?) instead of 265.  Like I said, mine
doesn't work in UDMA 4 mode if it recognized as 265.

I'd like to know others' experiences on Ultra 100.  Thanks.

Regards,
-- Kazushi
Laetrile is the pits