Subject: Re: losing VIA chipsets
To: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/2001 09:12:46
Jarom=EDr Dolecek writes:
> Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> > Is there something the Atapi driver could do to reset the bus and
> > restart the I/O?  (NB: this problem does seem to get better when
> > replacing the old-style IDE cable with a IDE-66 type cable, so its
> > almost certainly a signal-integrity problem.)
> Just curious - is the system overclocked? Which bus speed do you use?=

No, A7V the system is fully "spec".  Auto clock selection from the
laser-trimmed fuses on the t-bird, auto voltage from the same, auto
SDRAM timing from the SPD.  I must be the only one in the world not
running the t-bird (or duran) overclocked.  (Of course that may mean
that any funnies that the other folks see may have gotten written off
as overclocking-induced errors and not investigated further.)

-wolfgang
--=20
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wol=
fgang/