Subject: Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 fast Ethernet card?
To: Mike Cheponis <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/2001 14:56:06
What does the boot message look like?  There is definitely
a driver, but you might have a card with a newer PCI id that
is not matching.  So use "dmesg | more" to look for the info
and perhaps someone could build you a new set of floppies with
a patched driver. (if the match is the problem)
Otherwise, the information the BIOS (at least an Award) prints
out just before it starts to boot the floppy should list the vendor
and product codes for the PCI devices.
In 1.5 it looks like the matching cards are:
    0x1229 (Intel i82557 Ethernet)
    0x1209 (Intel i82559ER Ethernet)
    0x1030 (Intel InBusiness Ethernet)

-Andrew