Subject: Re: Stupid Chip Q
To: Space Case <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/15/2001 08:43:47
My Duron 600 @ 950 runs great. :-)  While I am willing to smoke
my chip (only paid $60), the Althon Thunderbird chips perform very
well at their rated clock speeds.  From the bang / buck perspective
they are very good as well.

Just buy a decent motherboard like an ABIT KT7A-RAID, rather
than some cheapo one, at least for your first "test" machine to
prove out the AMD chips.

At the moment I am recommending Thunderbirds over P3s to people
that ask me. :-)

-Andrew