Subject: Re: Can anyone run FreeBSD Yahoo Messenger on 1.4X?
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@bankengine.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/14/2001 07:58:31
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:

# Greetings:
#
# Has anyone been able to successfully run any of the FreeBSD ports of
# Yahoo Messenger?  Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with the FreeBSD
# 2.X port, specifically it dies with at one of the FreeBSD shared GTK
# libraries it uses.
#
# If anyone has been able to get it to run under NetBSD 1.4X, I would
# greatly appreciate any assistance, including help with those pesky
# /emul/freebsd share libraries I need to populate.
#
# I would also appreciate if anyone know of any Yahoo Messenger clones that
# also run natively under NetBSD.

You could try gAIM, it seems to support yahoo messenger.

# Thank you in advance.
# Alicia.

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: unshackling hardware designers and users from the bondage of WinTel.