Subject: RE: Stupid Chip Q
To: Todd Gruhn <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/14/2001 09:32:52
The classic engineering conundrum:

Should I get technical information from a salesman?

Intel chips have one set of problems, AMD has another.

My experience is that the Intel PII and PIII chips seem to exhibit odd
random reboots under Windows.

Insofar as NetBSD is concerned:  my experience with both chips (50 or so
installations over the past two years) is that the AMD chips are cheaper
(and from a salesman perspective, have a higher margin) and are just as
stable as the Intel chips of similar ilk.