Subject: Can anyone run FreeBSD Yahoo Messenger on 1.4X?
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@bankengine.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/14/2001 09:04:41
Greetings:

Has anyone been able to successfully run any of the FreeBSD ports of
Yahoo Messenger?  Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with the FreeBSD
2.X port, specifically it dies with at one of the FreeBSD shared GTK
libraries it uses.

If anyone has been able to get it to run under NetBSD 1.4X, I would
greatly appreciate any assistance, including help with those pesky
/emul/freebsd share libraries I need to populate.

I would also appreciate if anyone know of any Yahoo Messenger clones that
also run natively under NetBSD.

BTW, yes I do know that the Linux port of Yahoo Messenger works under
NetBSD 1.4X, but it is not very stable, crashing every 2 mins.  And yes
the Java version does work with NetBSD, running Linux Netscape
Communicator, but I can't get it to work with my NetBSD Java Applet
Viewer.

Everyone in my  company now uses Yahoo Messenger, to communicate with
other offices and partners worldwide, so I need to run it also.  (Without
having to resort to using a Windows desktop/laptop.)

Thank you in advance.
Alicia.