Subject: Re: Help! 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2001 23:05:55
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Jeff Northon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have given up on 3Com, to bad it is integrated, that is why I don't buy
> integrated systems. Intel 10/100 are great. 3Com seems to use a chipset of
> the day on the products they offer.

except intel don't seem to do a plain PCI 10/100 card anymore, you have a
choice between 10/100 card in CNR format (Communications and Network Riser),
or the 10/100 card with builtin crypto.

There's been some talk about this recently on the freebsd list.

It's a shame, cos we used to really like fxp's abut we've used them all now
and can't find anywhere to sell us more.

--
     "The aurochs was the great, black bull that was painted on cave
walls  alongside bison and mammoths  by tacky prehistoric minimalist