Subject: IBM PC Server 310 P-90 [MCA ?]
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Horacio <homega@ciberia.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2001 20:29:18
Hi,

I=B4ve got this machine which I=B4m not sure if it has a microchannel
bus.  I looked through IBM=B4s only to find that some 310=B4s have
PCI/ISA and others PCI/MCA, but I wouldn=B4t recognize MCA even if
it were red and flashy.

The machine has 2 pci slots and another 2 which to me look like
isa slots, and then 1 other which is slightly longer than the isa
slots.  It also has a scsi card, aha-2940s71, with 2x1GB ibm hds
and a cdrom attached to it.

Since I can=B4t boot directly from the CD, I made a boot floppy
with the boot1.fs with =B4dd=B4, but all I saw was a =B4boot failed=B4
message before it freezed.

Now, does anyone know (or suspect) this may be an MCA machine?
If so, which boot image should I be using then?
If not, any idea as to why it freezes?

p.s. all the INSTALL file says is that =B4MCA devices are supported
by MCA-enabled kernel, such as one compiled from the PS2
configuration file=B4 ... ???

Thank you.