Subject: Re: Partions Mappings, self done live cd, burning under Netbsd, Bash
To: Frank Kartest <localfun66@hotmail.com>
From: Larry Colen <lrc@recourse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/2001 14:10:51
Hi Frank,

I'm wrestling with making a self booting CD myself.

Here are some of my random weird unformatted notes on the problem.

To install software:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

/usr/bsdsrc/cdrom/source/sets/pkgsrc.tgz

# Enable the hooks used for initializing the root memory-disk.
options   MEMORY_DISK_HOOKS
options   MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT # force root on memory disk
options   MEMORY_DISK_SERVER=1  # with userspace memory disk support
options   MINIROOTSIZE=46080  # spc24MB.fs size of memory disk, in
blocks

I ran into problems because I made the ramdisk too big for the amount
of memory I had.

Links:
http://members.nbci.com/cattaghia/Tuts/boot.html
http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0101/msg01167.html
http://andrsn.stanford.edu/FreeBSD/handbook.html
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/finish.html
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~tfsmiles/projects/netbsd/partitioning.html
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-misc.html

bash is indeed available on netbsd and I'm running it.  Yay!

  Larry

--
Larry Colen - Recourse Technologies - lrc@recourse.com - 650-381-8090