Subject: Re: rarpd on 1.4.3
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Bohlmann <njb@elfwerks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2001 11:16:14
First let me apologize to the person who sent the patch -- I've lost your
name in my eagerness to apply said patch.  Unfortunately, this patch is not
appropriate for the src.tgz package available in the 1.4.3 source directory.
It's already been applied apparently.  This begs the question though -- is the
libc shared object that is shipped with the binary release of 1.4.3 not built
from the exact sources that are in the 1.4.3 source directory?  Which .so
should I be running?

I attempted to do a 'make' in the libc source subdirectory and it failed
in compat-43 compiling creat.c complaining about not having _DIAGASSERT.

I would upgrade to 1.5, but the ELF switch is too daunting for a system
that's in use at the moment.  This summer we'll be able to make that switch.

Thanks again for the help.

Nate

--
Nathan Bohlmann                                        njb@elfwerks.com