Subject: Re: clear screen before login
To: Ryan Low <uberfrogus@yahoo.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2001 11:37:09
> Hi all. How would I set the system to clear the screen
> before login runs (ie after boot and after users log
> out)? It's not so pretty to see the tail end of the
> boot message or the last user's session remaining on
> the screen directly above the login prompt. Thanks for
> the help!

The login prompt is printed by getty(8), which is configured by
/etc/gettytab; see gettytab(5) for documentation on the "cl"
parameter.

NetBSD-current also supports the "cs" gettytab flag (which looks up
the "clear screen" sequence in termcap based on the terminal type set
in /etc/ttys); this feature is not yet in a release..

					- Bill