Subject: Re: haning after pciicd0
To: None <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2001 22:16:01

>If you're booting from HD I guess you have the GENERIC kernel installed ?

No. I have already played with customisation. I have derived my
config from GENERIC_LAPTOP.
But now I have copied the Generic kernel to /netbsd.

>If so you can use the debugger.
>
>At boot prompt type 'boot -d'. The kernel will load and enter the debugger.
>Set a break point at wdcattach():
>break wdcattach
>then continue:
>cont

But I have no luck with the debugger either.
With or without the breakpoint after coninuing I get 4 lines
of copyright messages and then it hangs.

I'm interested in getting the debugger working.
When I tried pnpbios I immediatly had a reboot.

-Hanspeter