Subject: Re: haning after pciicd0
To: Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2001 21:09:58
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:09:45PM -0000, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> I tried only from HD.

If you're booting from HD I guess you have the GENERIC kernel installed ?
If so you can use the debugger.

At boot prompt type 'boot -d'. The kernel will load and enter the debugger.
Set a break point at wdcattach():
break wdcattach
then continue:
cont

When the kernel halts on debugger again, step ('s' then enter) to find
where it hangs. You can use next to continue until the return instruction
when you're in function that loops (delay, malloc, etc).

Alternatively it should be possible to set the wdcdebug_mask variable to
0xff using ddb but I don't know how to do it; can someone explain ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>