Subject: Getting my machine running with Wasabi-1.5
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/2001 21:12:19
I have recently had some major hardware mishaps with NetBSD-1.4.2.
I have since replaced the fan in the power supply, and cleaned
the heat sink on the cpu. Then the 4G drive died of bitrot.
I brought the 2GB SCA drive online, and tried to install NetBSD.
My floppy sets were screwed so I ordered the NetBSD-1.5.0 set from Wasabi
systems. BUT WHEN I BOOT THE CD I GET:

PCPROBE: reset error 2
AHC1:0:0  SCB1d: Immediate reset
Flags=0x4040
AHC1:0:0  SCB1d: timmed out while idle
SEQADDR 0x18c

SCSIRATE = 0x0

Anyone have an idea whats going on? This sequence seems to
continue until I shut off hte machine. Any ways, here is my
setup:
i486DX4/100 with 64MB RAM
AHA-2940UW
Matrox Mill II/8MB
SCSI DRives IBM DCAS-43440W, CONNOR 2GB
I am keeping the IBM hooked up to the SCSI bus because it can
be terminated -- the Connor drive has no termination. The IBM
drive had the bitrot prob 2mo ago...

Todd Gruhn

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com