Subject: Re: Synaptics mouse not detected
To: None <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/2001 20:10:02

>I think Intellimouse is for the newer scroll-wheel mice.. I have a
>two-wheeled cordless mouse for my laptop and it uses 'pmsi'.

Hm, cordless? For a laptop? Or for a desktop?
I'm considering bying a cordfull thumb-trackball with a good
middle key and no wheel and none of these extra keys.

[...]
>How about this one:
>
>#opms*          at pckbc?               # backwards compatible PS/2 mouse
>
>That should work with wscons..

Ok, I tried opms* at pckbc? but I can't use it with wsmouse because
with 'opms' one has to disable 'pms' and 'pmsi'.
I couldn't determine any *pms* in the bootlog.
Nevertheless I tried XF86Setup with Busmouse-protocol and pms0-device.
But there was no mouse-movement. :-(
It seems a have to look for an external trackball if I want you run
NetBsd 1.5 on my Mitac...

-Hanspeter