Subject: Re: Synaptics mouse not detected
To: Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/2001 17:37:30
On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> i'm trying to get the Synaptics mouse working on a Mitac 6120.
> The mouse seems to be using IRQ 12 according to Openbsd, Linux
> and Win98. Win98 worked only after installing the specific
> Synaptics driver.

Is it a standard PS/2 mouse or an 'IntelliMouse'?

> In Openbsd I can set
> pms0    at pckbd? irq 12                # PS/2 auxiliary port mouse.

There is a mouse driver available for PS/2 mice that lets you specify the
IRQ line:

#opms0  at pc? irq 12           # PS/2 auxiliary port mouse

> With Netbsd it seems I cant specify irq 12 directly on the pms*
> line.
> Is their any chance for the Synaptics device?

It should just work with either pms or pmsi.. how does the mouse fail?
Also, remember that with most of the mouse drivers on NetBSD, you need to
use type 'wsmouse' and device '/dev/wsmouse0' with X to use them.

Hope this helps,
Jared